What is an Inman Aligner?
The Inman Aligner is a simple removable appliance used to align front teeth quickly and safely. It's ideal as a stand alone treatment or to prealign teeth prior to further cosmetic options such as bonding or minimal veneers.
How does it work?
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly.
The image below shows the squeeze effect of the two aligner bows on the front teeth. The inner bow pushes forwards, while the outer bow pulls back on the front teeth.
How long is the treatment with the Inman Aligner?
Most cases are completed within 6-18 weeks. Your Inman Aligner dentist will give you a realistic guide of what to expect.
What's involved in Treatment with the Inman Aligner?
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate your custom made Inman Aligner.
- Initial fitting of the Aligner.
- Wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day
- Regular Inman checks every 2-3 weeks.
- As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse.
Other Cosmetic Treatments
We have a range of core therapies, from bridges, crowns, root canal and dentures through to Oral Cancer Screening.
These treatments use specalist technology, need more involved care, or are for a specific group of patients, like children.